--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mmmmm you seem to be suggesting that since Rick has formed an
opinion
> about MMYs sexuality that I should necessarilly trust
> his 'judgement', but then you go on to condemn firm believers.
Again
> you attempt to persuade me to your viewpoint by waving
> Rick's 'credibility', but that is the same argument as saying look,
> John Lennon wrote 'Sexy Sadie', so it must be true that MMY was up
> no good. But why not sift the evidence, read all the other reports
of
> those who were there, not just John Lennon's? Why should anyone
take
> John Lennon's word? What did he know about the matter? Read his
> words, confused accounts, jumbled, garbled and disjointed. Yeah,
love
> the man, but he didn't know the truth about MMYs sexuality any
better
> than the others on the course.
>
> And so it is with the alleged poisoning of Guru Dev, why on earth
> should I side with Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand? I never met
the
> man and besides, in the interview with RK he was using anything he
> could to try and discredit him. It seems their friction goes a long
> way back, perhaps as far back as 1940.
>
> Now, you argue the 'girlfriends' need protection, but why doesn't
> Swaroopanand ever repeat and press his points again publicly?
>
> It appears that actually you and Rick (& others) are 'firm
> believers', but fortunately Rick is not asking me to trust his
> judgement, in fact he tells me:- 'You're welcome to take anything I
> or anything anyone else says with a grain of salt. In fact, you
> should.'

And, besides, what is the motive in this;
What is the motive for Maharishi to be involved with anything
negative towards Guru Dev?
What would be the motivation for Maharishi go get involved with any
woman, in a secret way?
Both of these things seem so out of character to me;
I just write them off as complete and total nonesense.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > Unless there is some reason you distrust Rick's judgement--and
> many
> > firm believers *may not even believe it if they hear it from one
> of
> > the women who was subjected to the spiritual incest*--it's
pretty
> > damning when someone as credible as Rick talks directly,
firsthand
> > and shares the story. This is way beyond rumor, he's talked to
the
> > women. And of course we need to respect their right to heal,
> process
> > and move in and not be trapped in endless questions and attacks
> from
> > hundreds or thousands of questioners. So it's also important to
> > protect those who shared this. I think you are mistaking the need
> > protect the abused for something unclear or contrived.
> >
> > It became clearer to me why this was important with the Swami
Rama