Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Victory Beef or War?
on 8/5/06 11:34 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

As I see it, Nature could very well, for some reason
known only to Nature, "want" the enlightened person
to do something *wrong*, in relative terms--make a
mistake.  This would *not* be a mistake in Nature's
terms, so it doesn't contradict the notion that the
enlightened person never makes a mistake.  It's just
to point out that we may misunderstand what "mistake"
refers to.

Moreover, the enlightened person would have no idea
he was making the mistake.

Why would Nature do such a thing?  It seems to me one
plausible reason (although we can never tell for sure)
would be to create cognitive dissonance in the minds of
those who are too blindly accepting of what the
enlightened person says and does, to prod followers
to start thinking for themselves and, as Jim says,
doing their own dharma--and, perhaps, acquiring a
clearer understanding of what "no mistakes" means in
relation to enlightenment.

Could be. Nice way to look at it. But that’s not how the TMO operates. The TMO adheres to it’s own version of Papal Infallibility.