In a message dated 8/19/06 6:01:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
As one blogger pointed out, the question, as it was asked, was NOT a good figure for
Bush: why wasn't the figure 99+% in favor of wiretapping terrorists and the people they
talk to?

It's very easy to see, but I'm sure you won't. There is so much hatred for Bush generated by about 20 to 30% of the electorate that they would hate to see him have any success in anything. As Limbaugh put it, good news for America while Bush is in office is bad news for the Democrats and Bad news for America while Bush is in office is good news for the Democrats. They couldn't stand him being elected the first time.They couldn't stand his poll numbers after 911. When Bush's poll numbers were at their highest and people expressed complete trust in him the Democrats had to do something to destroy that trust so they went from focusing in on him as a moron to calling him a liar, as I was called one today, twice! And the Democrats absolutely couldn't stand him being re-elected. The attacks on Bush have gone from just being political to being very personal and ugly and quite frankly there are a few Independents that are just tired of it and wished it would all stop, at any cost. November will tell how many independents will change to hopefully quiet things down.