[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>In a message dated 8/19/06 6:04:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
>I Have  to stand by the Poll as it is. People have known from the get go that
>

>> the calls in question, that are tapped with out a warrant, are calls
>>

>coming
>

>>into the US from suspected terrorists and most people don't care if  they
>>

>are
>

>>tapped without a warrant. Tapping citizens on domestic calls  without a
>>warrant is an entirely different  situation.
>>

>So you believ e that the President of teh USA  doesn't have to follow a law
>set by Congress?
>

>I didn't say that at all. I think the more appropriate question is does the
>president have the authority to wire tap without a warrant involving  national
>security in a time of war. Lincoln suspended Habius Corpus, FDR did a  number
>of things that would make the hair stand on end of democrats today, one  of
>them was interring Japanese Americans in camps.

What exactly is wrong with him getting a warrant?  The country isn't
exactly crawling with terrorists.   Terrrorism is just an excuse they
use to take away our rights that they don't like we peons having.
That's part of the NeoCon doctrine.  We need to fight them every step of
the way just as if they are terrorists which they are in my book whether
YOU like it or not.