Reply below.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  "L B Shriver" <l_b_shriver@> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Friends at FFLife,
> >

>  "I was officially informed on Sunday that I am not considered eligible
> at this time to
>  participate, after nearly a month of having my application "in
> process"."
> >

> Of course not.  They would have to eat way too much crow to let you in.
>
> -Doug in FF

********

The resistance to my acceptance is pretty localized in the upper regions of the
administration, although the perception there is that it is more widespread.
Therefore
there is some fear that my presence in the Dome would be "disruptive". This is
essentially
the Weapons of Mass Destruction argument—it is convenient, but doesn't match
the facts
on the ground. They don't perceive that most people would rather have them let
me in and
drop this blacklisting bullshit.

Despite that, my application actually did get into the region where acceptance
was a
possibility. There just wasn't enough momentum behind it to carry it through
this time.

>From my point of view, this situation represents progress, and I believe that
>if you want
more of something in life, it's good to show appreciation.

L B S