> >> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com>

> This reminds me of the Bill Witherspoon story. About 16 years
> ago, Bill and some Fairfield friends carved a huge yantra in
> the Oregon desert. It was discovered by some military jets
> flying over and the media picked up story. Some of the UFO
> community went nuts over it, believing it was carved by
> aliens. They refuse to this day to believe that Bill and his
> friends made it. See
http://www.oregonuforeview.com/oregondesert.html

Reminiscent, but in the crop circle case you've got
many hundreds of examples scattered all over the place,
*and* very distinctive differences between two groups
of them, one of which is clearly manmade and the other
not at all clear--including characteristic microscopic
changes in the plants that have been flattened in the
"real" group that do not appear at all in the manmade
group.

I said earlier that the plants weren't killed, and
that many of them revived.  That's only in the
"real" group, where the stems are bent, not broken.
In the manmade group, the stems are all broken, as
you'd expect if somebody was whacking them down
with a piece of board.

There's a host of other differences as well.  It
just isn't anywhere near as clear-cut as I had
thought.  The more deeply you go into it, the more
confusing and contradictory it gets.  Whichever
explanation you pick may make sense of some aspects
but leaves a bunch of others more mysterious than
before.