If you were making a video of it happening you would be correct.  For
digital images manipulation Photoshop still rules.  This software is
probably integrated with Photoshop like most high-end video editing
products.

As far as how it looks compared to the real thing...I am not saying
that there aren't physical examples of man-made crop circles, of
course there are.  I am saying that not all of the crop circle photos
seemed like unmanipulated photos to me.  The video presentation I saw
didn't allow me to blow it up to see, but some resolutions between the
circle and the field seemed off in some photos.  I could be wrong.

A detailed image of my Dobro's form in a cotton field is my new visual
dream for  a CD cover.  Thanks to everyone for this crop circle
discussion.