I played in a bluegrass band at MIU.  It is such energetic music.
That was when I was just playing harp.  National Steel company
invented the resonator style guitar in the 20's. The Dopyera brothers
broke away from the company with their own innovation of the resonator
cone guitar, which became the Dobro.  Now like Kleenex, the name brand
is associated with the style.  I own a National Steel version and a
Dobro that I use in my show.  The bluesmen held them like guitars
usually instead of on their laps with a few exceptions.

I listen to all kinds of music even though I only play Delta blues.
Most bluegrass doesn't really express how I feel inside, although I am
often blown away by the skill of the performers.  They are following a
different muse than I am.  I have that DVD on my queue at Netflix now
thanks.  It looks great.

> on 8/26/06 7:40 AM, curtisdeltablues at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > A detailed image of my Dobro's form in a cotton field is my new visual
> > dream for  a CD cover.  Thanks to everyone for this crop circle
> > discussion.
> >
> DidnĀ¹t know you played Dobro. Are you strictly a blues guy or do you
like
> bluegrass? If so, see
> http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70021807&trkid=90529.
Lots of