> On Aug 27, 2006, at 11:50 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > How it works is, when someone says something that
> > is contrary to the TM dogma, or that challenges it,
> > the people who use this dodge regularly (neither
> > of them TM teachers) reply using pretty much the
> > exact argument that we who are TM teachers were
> > taught to use in this situation. It takes the
> > form, "Well, MMY says..." or "The TMO says..." or
> > "Scientific experiment X says..." And whatever
> > form it takes, what they say just "happens" to
> > refutes the point that is contrary to the dogma,
> > or the criticism.
> >
> > But (and here's the brilliant part), it refutes
> > it in a completely spineless way. The persons using
> > this particular dodge never have to say what *they*
> > believe about the point under discussion.
>
> Exactly, and it's hardly just Judy and Lawson, I know
> others (not on this forum) that use this dodge as well.
> It's an effective way of basically putting forth something
> (oftentimes something really dumb or illogical) and then
> not having to take responsibility for it.

No, Sal, it's not a dodge, at least not with Lawson
and me.  I'm perfectly happy to say whether I
believe something or not, even when it isn't relevant
to whatever is being discussed.  And so is Lawson.

And just for the record, if there is *anybody* on
this forum who is not willing to take responsibility
for what they say, it's Barry.

If you think I'm off base, ask him to cite an instance
where Lawson or I refused to say what we believe.

For that matter, *you* cite such an instance.  If
you decline, I think I'm justified in saying you
refuse to take responsibility for what *you* say.

*All* of this is just more "True Believer" demonizing.
Why are the True Non-Believers so threatened by
pro-TMers?