> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > authfriend wrote:
> >
> > >The [X] administration wants government to be able to read
> > >international computer communications – financial transactions,
> > >personal e-mail and proprietary information sent abroad – all in
the
> > >name of national security . . . .
> > >
> > >Granted, the Internet could be used to commit crimes, and
> > >encryption could disguise such activity. However, we do not
provide
> > >the government with phone jacks outside our homes for unlimited
> > >wiretaps. Why, then, should we grant government the Orwellian
> > >capability to listen at will and in real time to our
communications
> > >across the Web?
> > >
> > >The protections of the Fourth Amendment are clear. The right to
> > >protection from unlawful searches is an indivisible American
> > >value. . . .
> > >
> > >Every medium by which people communicate can be exploited by
those
> > >with illegal or immoral intentions. Nevertheless, this is no
reason
> > >to hand Big Brother the keys to unlock our e-mail diaries, open
our
> > >ATM records or translate our international communications.
> > >
> > John Ashcroft in 1997 about the Clinton Administration.
> >

> But 9/11 changed everything... BTW, the NEW Bush Administration
people may be more
> rabid than the old ones... Compare Condaleeza Rice vs Colin Powell,
for instance.

Colin Powell, what a sad part he played; knowing all the time, he
could have been the one person to stop the speeding Bush train to
Hell...
Condi, she's so sexually frustrated, and so in love with Georgie;
She's just a mouth piece for him; don't ya thunk?
 More dangerous? in a way, but in a way not.
Because Colin also, became a mouth peice for El Presidente...