--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Turquoise, you name Sattyanand as being the source of the quote
about
> MMY being told to go and meditate, and not to teach.
> Did you hear this from Sattyanand himself or from someone else?
> Can you remember anything else that was said?

> > As usual when I post an honest, heartfelt, and
> > *non*-putdown opinion of Maharishi, one of the
> > terribly attached TBs reacts to it as if it was
> > a putdown (not true), and as if she were feeling
> > terribly threatened by the opinion itself (true).
> >
> > Allow me to clarify, for those who are less anal
> > retentive about the things they believe.
> >
> > In the past on this forum, we have discussed
> > whether it would really *matter* to people with
> > regard to the benefits they have received from
> > TM if Maharishi had, in fact, had sex with a
> > bunch of his female students. The general
> > consensus was No, it wouldn't matter.
> >
> > Why then are so many people so attached to the
> > idea that he is enlightened?

Sorry, but seeing this quote from Barry's post
again in Paul's message, I can't resist reiterating
how grossly *dishonest* it is.

First, my response to Barry that he refers to was
*not* insisting that MMY was enlightened--and he
knows it.  It was a comment on Barry's hypocrisy.

Second, because he and I have discussed this many
times before, he also knows I'm *not* attached to
the idea that MMY is enlightened.

I do *think* MMY is enlightened, but I realize I
couldn't possibly know for sure.  By the same
token, however, *Barry* can't know for sure
either.  And my view of Barry's powers of
discernment is such that I don't give his opinion
on this point much if any weight--so there's no
way it could possibly "threaten" my sense that MMY
is enlightened.  (And see the first point above--
I wasn't even arguing that MMY is enlightened in
my response to him in any case.)

Finally, he claimed in another post not to be
interested in my answer to his question as to
whether it's important to me that MMY be
enlightened, and suggested it was a foregone
conclusion that my answer would be that it *is*
important.

But we've discussed this as well, and Barry knows
that my answer is actually no, it's not important,
for the reasons he goes on to state: I think MMY
is enlightened because of the depth of his
teaching, including of the TM technique; but of
course his teaching would be what it is even
if he weren't enlightened, so it makes no
difference whether he is or not.  If I'm wrong
that he's enlightened, that doesn't somehow
change what I've learned from him.

The value to me of MMY's teaching, and his
enlightenment status, are unrelated issues.

As I say, Barry knows this is my view because
we've discussed it before.

His entire rant directed at me is a pack of
lies from top to bottom.