--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, hermandan0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks. Appreciate the comment. I confess to never having heard
> Cheryl Crow's version, but I'll look it up.

It was faster than Bob's as I remember, a very
different take on the same song.

> The "writing for the sake of writing" thing was one of my
> reasons for that little exercise. Many of those verses
> provide a good springboard for me in that regard.

Yup, a valuable exercise in my opinon. Writing
about something that inspires you tends to teach
a lot about the nature of inspiration itself.

> I enjoyed reading your book, which I began some time ago
> and finished while you were on vacation. It gave me a
> larger perspective on your thinking and experiences than
> sometimes comes out on FFL, which I needed and felt you
> deserved. And no -- I won't hold you to thinking and
> believing everything you said there now. :)

I think I finished up my musings about Rama with
three words -- "I don't know." I'm still pretty
comfortable with that. And I like the two scorpion
stories...he was a fun character to "channel."

On the whole, I think that there is a lot more to
be learned from a teacher who makes mistakes and
fucks up along the Way than there is to be learned
from a teacher who does everything "perfectly."
Since in my opinion the world has *never* seen
one of the latter, I'm grateful to have run into
some of the most colorful examples of the former.  :-)

Unc