On Sep 7, 2006, at 10:12 AM, authfriend wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 7, 2006, at 9:17 AM, authfriend wrote:
>>
>>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
>>> wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> On the other hand, the TMO has been criticized
>>> for not being more careful in its screening
>>> procedures.  Seems to me requiring one's therapist's
>>> written permission to learn TM was a sensible
>>> precaution, a step in the right direction, at least.
>>
>> I never heard about the "requiring one's therapist's
>> permission" thing, but in any case that wasn't the point
>> and that wasn't what they did.
>
> It was why they asked people who wanted to learn TM
> whether they were currently in therapy.  (As I recall,
> the TM-Sidhis application wanted to know whether you
> had *ever* been in therapy.  I had been, years
> previously, pre-TM, and said so, but it didn't keep me
> off the course.)

But it did keep off at least two people I know of.  I don't know the
frequency of their therapy, or how current it was, (which isn't even
the point, of course) but the idea of counseling was being used as a
cudgel even then.

Sal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings: