> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:
> >
> > It used to be that if you were in an intense therapeutic
> > relationship (I forget the frequency) you couldnĀ¹t get
> > initiated at all, but if you were seeing a therapist less
> > frequently, you could get initiated but needed a letter
> > from the therapist stating that he understood what you
> > were doing and promising not to pry into confidential
> > aspects of the teaching during therapy.
>
> I remember that, too, and remember thinking
> at the time that the policy was clearly about
> protecting the "intellectual property" of TM
> (and thus its revenue), and had nothing what-
> soever to do with what was best for the
> patient/meditator. If it had been, there
> would have been no need for the "I won't
> pry into confidential aspects of the teaching"
> clause, would there? They could simply have
> asked the therapist to say that he thought it
> was safe for his patient to learn a form of
> meditation.

Right, because it wouldn't make any difference,
as far as the therapist was concerned, whether
the patient wanted to learn TM or, say, Rajneesh's
"active meditation" techniques, in which you were
taught to drag all your repressions out in the
open.  I mean, no therapist would give their
permission for a patient to learn TM who wouldn't
also happily give it for Rajneesh's techniques,
right?

<snicker>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings: