> On Sep 7, 2006, at 9:56 AM, Rick Archer wrote:
<snip>
> > It used to be that if you were in an intense therapeutic
> > relationship (I forget the frequency) you couldn't get
> > initiated at all, but if you were seeing a therapist less
> > frequently, you could get initiated but needed a letter
> > from the therapist stating that he understood what you
> > were doing and promising not to pry into confidential
> > aspects of the teaching during therapy.  __.
>
> Ah, okay.  I was talking about primarily courses and the Sidhis.

> And, one might wonder, how would he be able to "understand"
> something he couldn't ask questions about?

Well, er, this would be *before* the patient
learned TM, you see.

S/he could read a book on TM, come to an intro
lecture, or talk to a TM teacher privately to
get an idea of the basics, enough to know what
was involved without going into the specific
instructions or the mantras.  Or s/he could
even learn TM him/herself.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional