history.com/jesus/jesusMat_26613_Mk_1439_Jn_1218.htm

> Yes, but at the same gathering, as I recall, he washed the
> disciples¹ feet to set an example of service and humility,

Different gathering (John 13:1-11).  Also, if
you'll recall, when Peter is reluctant to let Jesus
wash his feet, Jesus gets rather snippy about it,
saying Peter can't be his disciple unless he submits
to having his feet washed.

There's quite a bit more to the story than simple
humility and service on Jesus' part.

 which is why Amma lives as she
> does. Can you imagine MMY doing something like that?

Is it a requirement for spiritual teachers to
live humbly, or is that an old cliche that we
accept without thinking, like the idea that they
can't charge for spiritual teaching?

Seems to me individual teachers have different
personalities; they don't all come out of a
cookie-cutter.  Some may be comfortable living
in cramped, plain quarters, others may not be.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: