--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, where does mind stop and intellect start? Any hard criteria?

Is that even a valid question? Looking at the stuff that Fred's been doiing, we
know when
"mind" stops: the thalamus reduces activity to the point where weno longer have
(or are
able to note/remember having) mental activity.

Once thse feedback loops become "obvious" enough that we can think  and note
that we
are thinking, then we have mind AND intellect.

> Also, has MMY indicated any "required" reading (shortlist preferred)
> to give the mind/intellect the stuff it needs to completely
> grasp/stabilize experiences TC/CC?

Not that I've heard of. How could there be with TC? OR with CC for that matter?

By MMY's world-view, these are completely natural states that occur
spontaneously
without intellectual understanding. GC/UC/BC involve growth beyond merely being
normal, so they might be another kettle of fish, but if MMY is correct about CC
being our
"normal" state, there shouldn't be any deliberate intellectual stuff required.

Note that the reading he has people do is IN Sanskrit, without translation.

Also  note that "intellect" in the context of UC/BC doesn't mean "intellectual"
as in
"reasoning about" something anyway. And GC is supposed to be primarily an
emotional
thing, so that also doesn't require intellectual understanding although the
ability to
resolve emotional states is another example of intellect (descrimination), I
think.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: