I think you misunderstand the question: stop and start refer to the
boundaries of mind and intellect, respectively - not their functional
status.

Moreover, the problem is not how "normal" a state is with reference to
the Universe/Cosmos in toto, but the discrepancy between this state
and other states when moving between - especially in short time - as
happens with correctly performed TM.

Reading MMY's comments on the BG it's obvious that intellectually
understanding higher states is required, lest confusion should set in.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <peterklutz@> wrote:
> >

> > So, where does mind stop and intellect start? Any hard criteria?
>
> Is that even a valid question? Looking at the stuff that Fred's been
doiing, we know when
> "mind" stops: the thalamus reduces activity to the point where weno
longer have (or are
> able to note/remember having) mental activity.
>
> Once thse feedback loops become "obvious" enough that we can think
and note that we
> are thinking, then we have mind AND intellect.
>

> > Also, has MMY indicated any "required" reading (shortlist preferred)
> > to give the mind/intellect the stuff it needs to completely
> > grasp/stabilize experiences TC/CC?
> >

> Not that I've heard of. How could there be with TC? OR with CC for
that matter?

> By MMY's world-view, these are completely natural states that occur
spontaneously
> without intellectual understanding. GC/UC/BC involve growth beyond
merely being
> normal, so they might be another kettle of fish, but if MMY is
correct about CC being our
> "normal" state, there shouldn't be any deliberate intellectual stuff
required.

> Note that the reading he has people do is IN Sanskrit, without
translation.

> Also  note that "intellect" in the context of UC/BC doesn't mean
"intellectual" as in
> "reasoning about" something anyway. And GC is supposed to be
primarily an emotional
> thing, so that also doesn't require intellectual understanding
although the ability to
> resolve emotional states is another example of intellect
(descrimination), I think.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: