> Back in the early 70¹s, when Nixon was going through the Watergate
ordeal, I
> heard that Maharishi supported him, and was generally in favor of
> conservative Republican policies. Charlie Donahue hopped on this
bandwagon,
> so being the mindless little lemming that I was, I did so too, and
caught
> plenty of flak for it at the Orono, ME SCI course.

don't feel too bad; Nixon was quite the liberal:

- Created the EPA;

- Opened up Red China;

- Was responsible for Affirmative Action;

- Initiated wage and price freezes (a very liberal thing to do);

- Said: when you run for the Republican nomination, you run far
right of center; when you run for president you run right of center;
when you govern, you govern from the center.  However, Nixon
governed from the left.  He was MUCH more liberal, of course, than
Bill Clinton who oversaw a veritable Conservative Agenda which he
wholeheartedly subscribed to and supported.

That's why I am amused when arch-liberal Judy Stein is unwavering in
her support of Clinton who was anything but a liberal (except
perhaps in his patronage appointments).  Judy defends Clinton at
every chance she gets but he was anathema to pretty much everything
she stands for.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: