--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The Pope's recent speech the Muslims feel so agitated about is really
> very good. It is about the old historical connection Christianity in
> its essence has to reason due to strong Hellenistic influences from
> the times of the inception of Christianity. He also mentions that this
> adherence to reason has not always been a lived reality in
> Christianity especially during the Middle Ages. He states that Europe
> has got moulded to what it is nowadays under a strong influence of a
> Christian religion that sees God revealing himself as logos. "In the
> beginning was the logos, and the logos is God", declares Evangelist John.
> In Islam the understanding the idea of likeness between our reason and
> that of God's is missing. There God's transcendence and otherness are
> so exalted that our reason, our sense of true and good are not an
> authentic mirror of God.
>
> The link:
> http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/speeches/2006/september/
documents/hf_ben-xvi_spe_20060912_university-regensburg_en.html

> Irmeli

Yep, nothing in that talk could be cnosidered an attack on Isalm or Maohammed...

I mean, just because this is the keynote quote for his speech shouldn't be
taken as a sign
that he agrees with it. In fact, it is obvious that he does, despite any
prevarication he may
make now...:

"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find
things only
evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he
preached"

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: