> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel" <babajii_99@>
> wrote:
> >
> > (Snip)
> > But as far as trashing Maharishi or his movement;
> > That just isn't my cup of tea, sorry...
> > But I won't hold it against you;
> > Your just a member of the 'Crow Tribe', I reacon
> > You can't help it- you live to mock and mock to live..
> > I understand completely...
>
> Assume that were true. Now consider two situations:
>
> 1. The "crow" mocks TM in front of one TMer and that
> person becomes offended and angry, gets all defensive,
> makes 10 posts to the Internet "defending" TM and
> attacking the crow, and has to take three Pepcids
> before he can digest his lunch. If he's like some
> people on this forum, he stays angry for days, and
> possibly weeks.

Note that the situation described does not occur
in reality.  Nobody makes "10 posts to the Internet"
[sic] defending TM and attacking the crow on the
basis of *one* post mocking TM.

"Three Pepcids before he can digest his lunch" is
Barry's fantasy.  It isn't inconceivable that
someone would have to do this, but it's not likely;
yet Barry is suggesting it here as if it were
established fact.

"Stays angry for days, and possibly weeks" would
be odd only if there were no further provocation
from the mocker during that period.

Barry's constant mantra about "holding a grudge"
(of which the above is a variant) assumes that the
provocation took place in the past and was not
repeated.

As we all know, that isn't the case.  The provocation
is ongoing and frequent.  Even if "the incident is
forgotten at once," it's repeated over and over and
over again.

Even the most sanguine of TM supporters, in the face
of constant attacks, may find more of a response is
called for than simply laughing and going on with
their day.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: