On Oct 15, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

Vaj wrote:

On Oct 15, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Patrick Gillam wrote:

--- Vaj wrote:

That's not to ignore that there are numerous features I like in XP

that I'd also like to see transferred on OS X.

Same here. In the end, though, I guess I dislike

Windows because it's butt-ugly, and I like

Apple because it's so well designed. If I'm going

to spend my day looking at something, please

let it be attractive.

I also like the ability to be able to take a creative idea and turn it

in to reality, without the GUI or the available apps getting in my

way. It's easy to make a gorgeous website or a DVD, with menus, music

and slideshows in less than a half hour. I recently sent my Mom a DVD

of summer 2006 and she showed it to my brother in law, a Microsoft

network engineer. He said to her "wow, he took a lot of time to do

this". In reality it took less than a half hour.

I like Eye Candy too, but I'm afraid MS's Vista will take a huge RAM

hit in order to do so.

There are plenty of DVD programs for Windows that allow you to quickly

put together a DVD.  We have a new hump though even with Macs is that

HDV MPEG-2 having 4 times the data of mini-DV take quite a while to

render.  But the clever engineers will soon figure out the shortcuts.

Check out the new ad:

And pick "better results".