Vaj wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
>
>> Vaj wrote:

>>> I also like the ability to be able to take a creative idea and turn it
>>> in to reality, without the GUI or the available apps getting in my
>>> way. It's easy to make a gorgeous website or a DVD, with menus, music
>>> and slideshows in less than a half hour. I recently sent my Mom a DVD
>>> of summer 2006 and she showed it to my brother in law, a Microsoft
>>> network engineer. He said to her "wow, he took a lot of time to do
>>> this". In reality it took less than a half hour.
>>>
>>> I like Eye Candy too, but I'm afraid MS's Vista will take a huge RAM
>>> hit in order to do so.
>> There are plenty of DVD programs for Windows that allow you to quickly
>> put together a DVD.  We have a new hump though even with Macs is that
>> HDV MPEG-2 having 4 times the data of mini-DV take quite a while to
>> render.  But the clever engineers will soon figure out the shortcuts.
>

> Check out the new ad:
>
> http://www.apple.com/getamac/
>
> And pick "better results".
Yup, I've seen this propaganda.  At my old job I also dealt with Apple
development.   I'm not saying Macs are bad but a little over-hyped
(sorta like something else we know).   And I do have an old Blueberry
iMac here gathering dust.  I will be probably be picking up a used mini
Mac to put port some software to using the Fast Light Toolkit.  That's
one of the things that bugs me about capitalism is we have all these
competing OS's and no common GUI APIs.   That's why I like to use cross
platform layers like FLTK and wxWidgets.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: