> Vaj wrote:
> > Check out the new ad:
> >
> > http://www.apple.com/getamac/
> >
> > And pick "better results".
> Yup, I've seen this propaganda.  At my old job I also dealt
> with Apple development.  I'm not saying Macs are bad but a
> little over-hyped (sorta like something else we know).

Apple has a history of exaggeration in their ads. My recollection is
that when the PC mags would do actual comparisons, the Macs never
lived up to the hype. Back when Apple was hyping the newly introduced
dual G4s as supercomputers that could stomp any single proc Intel,
MaximumPC magazine put the dual G4 up against a dual Xeon and a dual
AMD. The Mac came in dead last by a very large margin (the Xeons won).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: