--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > I've never seen Stephen Colbert's show because I guess it's air
> > time conflicts with my schedule.  But I used to love him on the
> > old "Daily Show" with Craig Kilborn (I never saw Colbert in the
> > Daily Show version with Jon Stewart because Stewart is Roger
> > Moore to Kilborn's Sean Connery and I just can't stomach it).
>
> The only TV I watch is clips online and shows on Fox 15, the only
> channel we get. I'd never even heard of Craig Kilborn until I read
> the above paragraph, but I'm a *huge* fan of Jon Stewart because of
> his tremendous popularity online. So, I'm sitting here
> thinking, "If Craig Kilborn is so great, why haven't I heard of
> him?"

Maybe because he was doing his thing before there
were a lot of online clips?  He quit the Daily Show
in 1998 and did the Late Late Show on CBS until
2004.

I never saw him on the Daily Show, so I have no idea
what he did with it.  But if he slanted the show to
the left as much as Stewart does, he'd have had to
tone it way down on the Late Late Show.  Stewart is
primarily popular with the left, and he's become a
huge deal primarily because of the interaction
between lefty blogs and the proliferation of online
clips.

Stewart wasn't that widely known until his famous
appearance on CNN's Crossfire, where he blasted the
hosts for having shouting matches with the guests
rather than actually exploring the issues.  Clips
from that show went viral, and he began to attract
a much larger audience.  (And Crossfire was
canceled not long after, at least partly due to
Stewart's flogging.)

I'm not that big a fan of either Stewart or Colbert,
actually, although I strongly support what they're
doing.  They both have flashes of real wit, but most
of what they do is too unfocused and burlesque-like
for my taste.

> BTW, Petra and I both think Roger Moore is way smokin' hotter than
> Sean Connery.

Oy.  *Nobody* is hotter than Sean Connery, by me!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: