On Oct 25, 2006, at 4:08 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:

More cogently, we have to ask whether the research approach is

really appropriate to the subject. Are brainwave measurements,

no matter how sophisticated, really indicative of the operation

or qualities of consciousness?

Of course they are, consciousness is a quality of the brain

therefore measuring the brainwaves gives us at least an idea of

what's going on.

Whenever I hear something like this, I find myself

wondering whether everyone who says it has completely

forgotten the Bardo experience, between death and

rebirth. Consciousness doesn't stop. It's there while

the body is lying dead in its coffin and the brain is

no longer functioning, and its there long after the

body has been reduced to ashes in the crematorium.

So what part of that consciousness do you believe

is based on your physical brain?

Precisely. The brain is merely the hardware of consciousness. Fortunately for us, consciousness can exist separately from that hardware.