> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I am with you, Hermanitor.
> >
> > Until someone demonstrates hovering they should not try to teach
> > about enlightenment or religion.
> >
> > Although I have seen big unathletic geeky ungainly blokes doing
> > yogic hopping in such an amazingly effortless and almost
floating
> > way (and long jumps for 20 or 30 minutes) that it becomes
> impossible
> > not to believe that there is something to it, that must be
> > important. It is uncanny what I saw in England many times. This
> one
> > unathletic big galoot of a guy, hopping effortlessly and big
> jumps,
> > giggling, and almost oblivious to the act of hopping, the whole
> time
> > for 20-30 minutes.
> >
> > OffWorld
>
> Hi, hovering has nothing to do with enlightenment. It is an
> indication of a clear channel within the human nervous system,
> though not an indicator of Self Realization. Whether or not we can
> manifest results of the Patanjali Yoga sutras or not has nothing
> do with the complete freedom and lack of boundaries that we live
> when Self Realization dawns. The sutras are indications of the
> clarity needed to live an enlightened state and indications of
good
> progress to that end. But they are not indications of
enlightenment.
> From my own experience I used to have excellent results with many
> sutras, and I was definitely not Self-Realized! >>

How do you know you were not self-realised? What proof do you have
for this, and why can I not consider such proof yet another illusion
of yours. You see, it works both ways if you want to so construe it.

OffWorld

<<So perhaps this is
> why the common expression associated with the Yoga Sutras is that
> they can be a distraction. In other words, the waking state mind
> finds them flashy and tangible, and may be distracted from its one
> pointed focus on Self Realization.>>

And who shall make such a concrete and definative judgement that you
shall pay attention to?...he that only walks and talks?...or he
that  can fly?

OffWorld