On Nov 28, 2006, at 10:50 AM, jim_flanegin wrote:

Dude, you've never even *done* the flying technique! lol!

Not only have I, I was a successful hopper.

What you
have written has nothing specific to do with the flying sutra.
Pranayama!? That is just absurd- I did pranayama before meditation
for years prior to meditation and never a hint of hopping or
movement.

Pranayama in it's deeper sense is a yama or pause--a gap--in the breath, that often coincides with Pure Consciousness. If this gap does not occur, even briefly in a flash, the prana can never have the door it needs to "hop".

The hopping is a response to the sutra introduced when the mind is
settled in transcendental consciousness. The sutras are introduced
following a period of TM. The hopping is an innocent result of the
specific sutra. If a different sutra is introduced, a different
result will occur.

The point of the flying sutra is to integrate silence and activity
within the nervous system. Because the flying sutra produces such a
dramatic effect, so is its effect on the nervous system. By
culturing the nervous system's ability to operate in activity while
remaining silent, the physiology of enlightement is brought about
over time.