> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Perhaps it is the self-sufficiency of TM that bothers you- no
> > complex intellectual traditions, or direct transmissions from the
> > Master needed. Just plain old TM leading to plain old Realization.
> > Complete, eternal, and timeless. Simply Everything. Could it be
> > that easy? Yep.
>
> And not nearly elitist enough.
>
> You nailed it.

Hi, I am actually OK with Vaj getting a lot of benefit from his
technique(s). I am long past the immature notion that in order to
believe in my own practices as the best for me, they must therefore be
the best for everyone else, and conversely, no one else's measure up
to mine.

I also appreciate a thoughtful challenge to TM or definitions of
enlightenment, or anything else for that matter.

What comes across though in Vaj's postings though is a consistent
message that TM and the states of consciousness it produces are
somehow forever flawed, and by inference he has found the one true
way.

And that is just BS, plain and simple. So I have nothing personal
against him. His just appears as an unbalanced view, bordering on
zealotry, and when he expresses his spiritual prejudices, for whatever
reason, I feel compelled many times to show the other side of the coin.