> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >

> > On Feb 22, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Mr. Magoo wrote:
> >
> > > If you really want to read the Bhagavad Gita with it's
> > > Religious/Spiritual context still in tact read Swami
Yogananda's two
> > > volumn set, an ambitious project but a remarkable translation!
> > >
> > > If you think you've read the Gita because you've read MMY's,
think
> > > again. MMY doesn't even begin to unfold the Holy allegory of
this
> > > great masterpiece of Vyasa's!!  Seriously....
> > >
> > > Don't mean to denegrate MMY's effort, only to put it in
context. MMY
> > > himself qualifies his translation, as, to fulfill an "urgent
need" and
> > > a "general basis" for further commentaries but deemed it
> > > "necessary...without further loss of time".
> >

> > It's my understanding that all that was done for MMY's
commentary was
> > to read several extant versions and then he gave a synopsis and
> > synthesis--in other words, it's not his own innate knowledge or
> > comment, just a bunch of others put together in his own words.
Rather
> > disappointing once you know it's origin.
> >

> Not what Vernon Katz said, and he was there.

Hey, you aren't repeating Vaj's brainwashed mantra-

"TM bad, Buddhism good, Maharishi bad, Buddhism good, TM bad,
Buddhism good, Maharishi bad, Buddhism good, TM bad, Buddhism good,
Maharishi bad, Buddhism good, TM bad, Buddhism good, Maharishi bad,
Buddhism good...".

Simple, huh? If you repeat it mentally as many times as Vaj has, the
truth of it will finally sink in. So, what are you waiting for?