--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think Barry, myself, and most others feel hate or
> are trying to pull meditators off their chosen path. I still
> meditate regularly. Our attitude, at least mine, is that people
> will be stronger in their spiritual path if they can learn to
> look at things honestly without hiding behind unexamined
> concepts and beliefs. If people don't want to do that, they
> shouldn't hang out on FFL.

Bingo.

Rick COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN CLEARER
about the focus and credo of this discussion group
than he was on its Home page.

There is a concerted effort by a few (and *very*
few) individuals here to portray those who think
critically about TM, Maharishi, the TMO and its
dogma, and other related subjects as being somehow
"interlopers" here, intruding into their world
and subjecting them to ideas they don't want to
hear.

BUT READ THE HOME PAGE!!!

It says things like "What is wanted is not the will
to believe, but the wish to find out, which is the
exact opposite." It goes on to say, "The healthy
mind challenges its own assumptions," and "Believe
nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not
believe what your teacher tells you merely out of
respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due
examination and analysis, you find to be kind,
conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of
all beings -- that doctrine believe and cling to,
and take it as your guide."

It does NOT say things like the things that were
said here today by Nablusos and by Jim, indicating
that they believe that they're under some kind of
concerted "attack" here because people discuss the
very things THAT ARE RIGHT THERE IN THE FORUM'S
CHARTER.

So WHO are the "interlopers?"

Are they the people who come to this forum attracted
by its free-thinking guidelines, so clearly stated
on its Home page, or could it possibly be the people
who actively try to SUPPRESS the free discussion of
information, the "wish to find out," and who devote
a great deal of time and energy to demonizing and
practicing character assassination on those FFL
members WHO ARE FOLLOWING ITS CHARTER, while
they are NOT?

> If this group appeals to them, then they're probably ready
> to do that. I say things here that I wouldn't dream of
> saying to my sister, who lives on campus and whose husband
> is on faculty.

Exactly. If I were on one of the strongly pro-TM forums
on Yahoo, it would be inappropriate for me to discuss
some of the criticisms of TM, the TMO, and Maharishi
that I freely discuss here. But I'm NOT on one of those
forums. I'm on Fairfield Life, the charter of which is
right there on display on its Home page, and which
INVITES free discussion and yes, even criticism, of
TM, the TMO, and Maharishi.

> I believe chicks should peck their way out of their shells,
> not have them opened from the outside. The TMO is an
> incubator. When you're ready to hatch, you'll know what to do.

And in the meantime, if you don't like others pecking
at the shell you've erected around yourself to protect
that self from challenging thought, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
There are forums on Yahoo and other places that are
DESIGNED for you. Nothing will rock your world or
cause you to think there. And *I*, for one, will not
be there to bother you or intrude into your bliss.

But if you're gonna stay here, on a forum dedicated
to free thought, try not to whine so much when others
around you actually think, OK?