--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of authfriend
> Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 2:09 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Effort required in Buddhist Sadhana.
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rick Archer" <rick@>
wrote:

> > From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com>

Red herring.  Nobody's disputing that sitting to
meditate and closing the eyes isn't intentional.

 Sure, the mantra may come
> automatically after you close them. We all have that
> experience. But there's a difference between doing TM
> and just sitting and daydreaming, and that difference,
> IMO, involves intent, or purpose.

With regard to sitting down and closing the eyes,
certainly.  One has the intention to meditate, and
nobody ever said otherwise.  But the meditation
itself, the process, is not intentional.