---re: Jim says "then go hang out with the Dalai Lama".  Thanks, but
I'm no longer in need of physical Gurus.
I will now use this opportunity (separate topic), to quote the first 3
verses on Hsuan Hsua's commentary on the Great Compassion Mantra of
Quan Yin:

1. "With a kind, compassionate regard, a regard full of joy and giving,
He rescues all beings, transforming great-thousand world systems.
Gathering in those with and without prior affinities,
He helps them to end suffering, find joy, and return to the source."

2. "Our body, mouth and mind form a wheel that is this mighty dharani.
As the many-petaled lotus blossom just begins to open,
White, green, red, and purple light shines on us all.
Disciples of the Buddha have affinities to join the sages?
Celebrations."

3. Holding a bowl, Contemplating Sounds saves us mortals;
Prescribing medicine to cure our ills, he nurtures the three thousand
worlds.
Bowing in homage, we earnestly entreat him to answer our calls.
In various ways he fulfills all our heart's desires".