--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Claudiouk,
>
> Please tell me the definitions you'd have for consciousness, the
> Absolute, Being, and the Unified Field.  I think you're being fuzzy
> and mixing the Absolute with Being, but I see Being as the relative,
> qualities that must be described dualistically -- thus, I would say
> that the Unified Field is a good metaphor for Being, not the
> Absolute.
>
> This fuzziness is what I finally decided was a "tell" about the
> lack of subtlety for Maharishi's vocabulary.
>
> To me, soul, consciousness, Being, atma, are all "in" the relative.
> They're egoically spawned concepts.
>
> Tell me your definitions for awareness and sentience while you're
> at it.
>
> To me the Absolute is pure mystery -- Being can pretend to be the
> Absolute, even fool the rishi's that it is the Absolute, but I've
> seen the Absolute, and Being, I gotta tell ya, "you're no Jack
> Kennedy."
>
> Anyone else want a piece of this?

I'll jump in, even though I haven't thought
about this stuff in Physics metaphors since
I left the TM movement (and haven't missed
thinking that way).

I suspect you have a good point about any
Unified Field Theory that physicists could
come up with having to do purely with the
relative world. That is the only "field"
they play in.

As for the relative world not being Jack
Kennedy, however, my experiences have con-
vinced me that it *is* Jack Kennedy. Although
the relative world is purely relative, it is
*also* pure Absolute. That is the very essence
of its mystery.

But, at the same time, I have my doubts
as to science's ability to ever "grok" that,
much less include it in any of their theories
of How Things Work. Things only "work" in the
field of the relative, and thus that is the
field they are playing in and trying to find
some way to describe. That'll take them long
enough and will be challenging enough. They
should leave asking the Absolute to get up
off the bench and join the game to mystics.