Sorry sinhlnx, I'm finding it harder to follow your points than
Hagelin's! And you're not even using any quantum maths!

"strictly relative principles, akin to the Buddhist principles of
interconnectedness and dependent origination" - MMY consistently
identifies the Unified Field with the ABSOLUTE, the origin of the
dualistic Relative.

"holographic nature of the universe: a concept pioneered in
Buddhism" - if you mean things like "smaller than the smallest =
greater than the greatest"; or "as above, so below"; or "as is the
atom, so is the universe" etc then such holographic parallels predate
Buddhism..

"pure Consciousness is not a field" - Hagelin says it's the field of
all fields; a field effect of consciousness, as in the Maharishi
Effect, means that changes in the coherence and quality of
indivindual consciousness has an effect on others over and above one-
to-one interactions through action or communication. I think this is
not anti-Buddhist. The Natural Mind, Buddha Nature, transcends
individuality.. enlivening the Buddha Nature in oneself naturally
creates positive effects in others - a field effect.

"there's no direct connection between "Being" and quantum mechanics" -
Hagelin talks of superstring theory. Transcending the individual mind
and the "quantum + gravity unification" brings us to the Unified
Field Consciousness - the Being or pure consciousness/existence of
everything..

So don't really see where the discrepancy between MMY and Buddhism
lies. I personally see myself as more Buddhist than anything else..

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sinhlnx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- thanks for your outstanding points, most valid indeed!.
> OTOH, on occasion, metaphorical analogues to math/physics
principles
> can be useful in helping us find parallels to certain deep, subtle
> properties of relative existence.  The downside is the risk of
> logical errors such as "the appeal to authorities", and geekspeak,
or
> jargon.
>   Since the TMO has been known to use some (or all) of such logical
> fallacies, we become naturally suspicious, and rightly so!.
>  Such mathematical principles as the E8 Lie group point to
(contrary
> to MMY and Hagelin) strictly relative principles, akin to the
> Buddhist principles of interconnectedness and dependent
origination;
> and ultimately, the holographic nature of the universe: a concept
> pioneered in Buddhism - more so than in Hinduism. (wiki - the
> Buddhism of Tien Tai).
>  At any rate, no, "pure Consciousness" - as pointed out by the
> quantum pioneers themselves (since some of them apparently had an
> intuitive knowledge of "Being-In-Itself", especially Schroedinger);
> is not a subject of modern scientific inquiry (unless** - as
pointed
> out by Jim Flanagan, we restrict the inquiry by safe qualifications
> such as "this is my experience:......etc.".  Then, such studies can
> be "scientific" as long as one doesn't tweak the statistics (as in
> the MUM studies).
>   Thus, pure Consciousness is not a "field".  One can make
parallels
> to certain facets of relative existence (explored and explained
more
> by the Buddhists than Hindus) - particularly the nature of Dharma,
> karma, and reincarnation; and the various elements of cause and
> effects.
>  As mentioned before, such relative concepts would be
> interconnectedness, dependent origination, and the holographic
nature
> of existence.
>  Such concepts may "point to" THAT, but as several contributors
have
> already pointed out, there's no direct connection between "Being"
and
> quantum mechanics.
>   I might add that the concept of a "Singularity" has a ringing
> appeal to what me might experience as That; but again, a
Singularity
> has to be something relative in order for scientists to investigate
> it, according to the commonly accepted notions of scientific
inquiry.
> (that does not of course include private revelations).
>  BTW private revelations were in the domain of the Gnostics, as
> opposed to "appeal by Authorities" ; such as the local Bishop,
Pope,