> On May 24, 2007, at 8:53 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
>
> > When reading the following passage from Swami
Muktananda's "Satsang
> > with Baba, Volume III" (August 18, 1972, page 122), I thought
that it
> > was another explanation of the mechanics of stress release; that
is,
> > that the thoughts we have during meditation are indications of
stress
> > being released on the physical level:
> >
> > "According to the seers of the yogic scriptures, countless
impressions
> > of past lives are embedded in the central nadi, sushumna. After
> > Kundalini becomes awake, these impressions start rising to the
> > surface. You should be aware that they are coming to the surface
to be
> > ejected from the system. If you are aware of this truth, you will
find
> > it entirely pointless to be concerned or overwhelmed by the
feelings
> > that come to the conscious surface."
>

> This just verifies what I've stated here numerous times, that the
TM
> myth of physical stress release from the physical nervous system
was
> fallacious. Where stress is being released is in the pranic body
or
> vajra body. It is the pranic body that evolves.

I don't understand the inconsistency between MMY's position, your's,
and Muktananda's.

Whether it's the "pranic body or vajra body" (although I'm not sure
what "vajra body" is), isn't that still on the relative level?
Whether it's actual physical body or subtle, the stress (or karma) is
still stored there and has to be released.