--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george_deforest"
> <george.deforest@> wrote:
> > people here on FFL seem to be jumping to the conclusion that
> > Vedic City is automatically "wrong" for this aggressiveness.
> > (just like the grand-standing county supervisors want you to)
> >
> They ARE automatically wrong. They should pay the farmer what he is
> asking, or if they deem his price above market value, then they wait.
> The insidious thing about eminent domain seizures is that they create
> a precedent that can then be exercised more loosely next time the city
> wants to annex land. And please give me a break- I've seen pictures of
> the booming metropolis of so called Vedic "City", and they honestly
> don't need more land, and won't for quite a while...:-)

This situation is EXACTLY the kind of PR nightmare the community
doesn't need. They should pay the guy what he wants for his property.
Or, better yet, buy acreage for a city park within VC. Is there some
legal reason why VC can't pull their eminent domain stunt against
Global Country, which owns hundreds and hundreds of undeveloped acres
inside VC?