> I believe they honestly can't; it appears that the residual "vasanas"
> or areas of anger, resentment etc. are so ingrained as to belie any
> possibility of integrity in those areas.
>
> It is much like trying to show someone the obvious Perfection of what
> is: They believe they are thinking/seeing in "straight lines," but
> their interior space appears to be automatically curved into pre-set
> denial patterns, so that their thoughts automatically "warp off" to
> either side to avoid perceiving the self-evident Truth directly in
> front of them. :-)

My disagreements with MMY's perspective on human consciousness has
nothing to do with emotions.

it appears that the residual "vasanas"
> or areas of anger, resentment etc. are so ingrained as to belie any
> possibility of integrity in those areas.

This is a Vedic sounding poopy pants argument.  Claiming to perceive
"self-evident truth" reveals a lack of understanding of epistemology.

I don't portray your perspective as being the result of some
psychological flaw Rory.  I give you credit for having good reasons
for believing the things that you do based on your experiences and
your conclusions.  There is a way to disagree with a person's POV
without demonizing the person personally as having a psychological
flaw or denial patterns.  And a smiley face at the end of a negative
personal putdown doesn't make it positive.