<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > I don't view the ego in the way you seem to be using it and
> > > losing my personality is not a goal for me.
> >
> > As I understand it, enlightenment doesn't mean
> > "losing" one's personality, only the attachment
> > to and identification with it. The personality
> > remains as it was.
>
> That was how I understood it in MMY's system also.  I was commenting
> on the Koan:
>
> "I'd like to give you the following koan:
> If you loose your own personality, you can afford to be non-equal."
>
> I think it is pretty clear that personalities don't diminish in any
> way from spiritual practices judging from this group!

Sure Curtis, but of course I do mean it the way Judy described. For me
its rather a 'view', a fundamental understanding that personailty, the
external persona, my habits, thought habits, opininions etc are
arbitrary and not chosen by 'me'. As such I understand the extreme
relativity of what 'I am' in an external way. So 'losing ones's
personality' would refer to such an understanding.