> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > You're enlightened, and you refuse to even *think*
> > > that you might not be. Did I get that right, Jim?
> > >
> > You are missing what I and many others have already said again and
> > again here. Enlightenment is not experienced on the level of
> thinking.
> > It is a state of Being. This is not my original expression-- All of
> > the gurus and spiritual teachers say this also. Given your
> background,
> > I am surprised that you don't know this yet. Your level of
> ignorance
> > astounds me.:-)
>
> It's a little like accusing somebody of refusing
> even to *think* they might be dreaming rather
> than awake. When you're awake, it's self-evident
> you aren't dreaming. (Not "self-evident" meaning
> "obvious," but rather evident in terms of itself.)

I am not so sure. Some interesting literature an epistimologies makes
that very presumption -- that we are dreaming but think we are awake.
Parallel to Plato's cave, perhaps.

I think some here, perhaps Rory and Jim, have expressed something of
that sort. I do know that when you are dreaming, its hard to accept
that you are dreaming -- but assume you are awake. Though sometimes in
the dream, you can be aware its a dream. But not so often, i think.