--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good question— Are you not interested?
>
> Seriously, there are many seekers on the path, like the poster who
> asked me if I think I am or am not enlightened,

I assume you man me. Or perhaps Barry. Perhaps both of us scoundrels.

> who want to believe
> that we can achieve an enlightened state permanently, theoretically,
> maybe, possibly, almost, according to these factors, but excluding
> these factors, and only if they like me, and only if I like them,
> belonging to this sect, but not belonging to that one, and
> manifesting these behaviors, but excluding those behaviors, having
> these beliefs, and excluding those beliefs, etc.

Wow, thats quite a pre-judgement that you have going there. i guess
its not polite to suggest doing some work on that, but holy deep filters.

Do you seriously believe I think like that? or Barry does? Where does
that beleif come from, do you suppose? It is interesting to see how
your mind works.

> No problem—I ran the same stories at one time, though they were
> probably more like feelings than discrete lists. So perhaps I talk
> about it to let people know the living truth of it, that anyone can
> find themselves in such a state of Being, and what it is like when
> it happens to an ordinary person. Hopefully something of what I am
> saying is helpful to someone "out there". The other piece of it is,
> I just enjoy talking about it, as would most of us, having achieved
> a goal we've spent decades on.:-)

You must be very proud of yourself.