> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, C Bobroff wrote:
> > I will probably just put a link to http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ to
> > help those in need now that I even know it exists.

OK, Mr Connie genius managed to take a look at the sourceforge downloads
and guess what, no TimesNewRoman and no Tahoma! Anticlimax!

I just emailed Microsoft and they said those 2 were never part of the free
downloads and it's illegal to distribute.

They told me to go to:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

for win2000 font updates.
WinXP users should already be in good shape. As for
pre-Win2000, as you know, there was no *official* MS support.

I'm also going to ask them to figure out why ZWJ isn't working (at least
for me) with a lot of letters in TImes New Roman (although Tahoma is
fine.)

(Why I'm going to these lengths to improve fonts I would never consider
using to type Persian in, I can't imagine :) )

If anyone else has spotted some problems, please mention otherwise
Microsoft will never know there's a problem.

-Connie