I was avoiding Discord as well because they messed up my account in a way
that could not be fixed without creating a new email address (which is
something _I_ refuse to do).  I finally got around it by coming in on the
Mac app instead of a browser.  Apparently their browser support is pretty
broken.

I vote for email!  The only downside I see is the accumulating indented
copies of prior emails in the thread.   However, if all clients can
organize threads by subject like gmail does, we can stop including those in
our replies.

- Julius

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 4:15 PM Christopher Arndt <ch...@chrisarndt.de>
wrote:

> Am 15.03.23 um 18:05 schrieb Marc Lavallée via Faudiostream-users:
> > Hoping I could still join he party, I sent a message to Discord,
> > asking how I could get in. I came to the conclusion that it won't
> > happen, and it's for the best. I'm not asking the Faust community to
> > choose some other messaging platform, so have fun and stay safe.
>
> Discord is an illness that needs to purged.
>
> Modern chat platforms are ill suited for serious technical discussions
> in any case, in my opinion, because they make it hard to focus the
> attention on a specific topic.
>
> Anyway, if you must use one, at least use one that doesn't make it
> mandatory to give a foreign company my personally identifiable
> information and collects data as business.
>
> Too many communities are willingly, but unnecessarily colluding with
> this s*t and excluding users. There are enough free and decentralized
> options.
>

> Chris

"Anything that can be automated should be"