Hi Mike,

> Gene Heskett wrote:

> >>Read the link I posted yesterday, according to them, it's been
> >>rewritten to exploit new ways to get in to your box.
> >>
> >>http://www.lurhq.com/slapperv2.html
> >>

> > If this file mentioned on the site doesn't exist on any of my systems,
> > is it safe to assume relative safety against this attack?
> >
> > I would think so when combined with the ISP's (vz) blocking of port 80,
> > but what do I know...  Thats why I asked, Mike.
>
> I suppose you mean "Mike Klinke" and not "Mike McCarty" :-)
>
> I dunno. I just ran
>
> # find / -nmae xmlrpc.php -print

You should be able to use "locate" for speed in searching, prior to that you
may run "updatedb&" to update the slocate database.

> and didn't come up with anything. But that's expected, since
> I run behind a router set up as a firewall, completely stealth
> except for the e-mail challenge port (which is closed). A
>
> $ ps -A | grep pache

I think you would need to look for the "http" process.

> $ ps -A | grep ssl

You should do a "netstat -na | grep SYN", if you see alot of those then
slapper is there DOS attacking people.

Michael.