Michael Mansour wrote:
Hi Mike,

I wrote the stuff in >>

I suppose you mean "Mike Klinke" and not "Mike McCarty" :-)

I dunno. I just ran

# find / -nmae xmlrpc.php -print

You should be able to use "locate" for speed in searching, prior to that you
may run "updatedb&" to update the slocate database.

I am aware of "locate". Thanks!

and didn't come up with anything. But that's expected, since
I run behind a router set up as a firewall, completely stealth
except for the e-mail challenge port (which is closed). A

$ ps -A | grep pache

I think you would need to look for the "http" process.

$ ps -A | grep ttp
$

You should do a "netstat -na | grep SYN", if you see alot of those then
slapper is there DOS attacking people.

$ netstat -na | grep SYN
$

Thanks for the advice. But, as I am behind a stealth firewall,
I feel relatively secured against *this* type of attack.

Umm, what does "there DOS attacking people"? I had problems
parsing that.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.