> A: Studies have demonstrated a stability of the molecule up to 3 weeks minimum at +4°C. Nevertheless, taking into consideration the fact that there is no preservative in the formulation of the product, the risk of contamination with fungus or bacteria exists. Nevertheless, if injections are performed in asepsis conditions (sterile needles...), the risk of contamination will be minimum.

Kyle,
This is fantastic news!  Thanks so much for finding this out for us.  I was terrified of using "left-over" feline interferon, now it appears it's safe as long as adequate sterilization methods are used with the vials.  I'm so pleased, this means we can stretch the premeasured vials!  I haven't had time to explore the link you provided, but you can be sure I will.  I'm also going to forward it to my vet's office.  I'll also send it to my biochemist pal, Kate, and ask her to translate the last paragraph!

Thanks Kyle, you're a gem!
Nina

Melbeach wrote:

Found some more info on VO ya'll might be interested in.