Thanks Nina,
My room mate & I have really been worried about Samson. All are up to date on their shots. Tom was given shots too, except for the felv one. My vet did it for free. His wife is with animal trustee. He was also worried about Samson.
Barbara

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Barbara,
First, welcome to the list, aren't these people wonderful? Second,
thank you for your love and efforts to save Tom, he sounds like such a
wonderful cat. He chose wisely when he showed up at your door. Third,
I haven't seen this addressed yet, so I thought I'd comment. You talk
about Samson being sick all the time and your being worried about him
getting FelV. You're right to be concerned, if Samson has a crummy
immune system, his chances are greater than a healthy cat. But, didn't
you say that your other four cats have been vaccinated previously? If
that's the case, I don't think you have to worry (anymore than you're
going to anyway). Tom is probably in much greater danger being exposed
to Samson than the other way around! When FelV kitties are stressed,
they are susceptible to disease that non-positives would easily fight
off. I'm not sure what to suggest, my brain is really fried right now,
but I just wanted you to be aware of this.
Nina