-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 3:55 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Won't Eat....Please Help

Hi Lisa,
I can hear the panic in your voice and how very much you love your
Kitty.  You are right, you need to get him to eat.   It is wonderful
that he has been so healthy and has a few extra pounds to help him
maintain right now.  He is in danger of HL if he goes without eating
anything in a 24 to 48 hour period.  That means if you get something
down him, he'll probably be okay.   I know the sound of "syringe
feeding" can be intimidating.  Don't think of it as "force" feeding,
think of it as "assisted" feeding.  Like you would a baby.  There is a
group for help with this, here's the link:

Poor thing must be so panicky with his eyes giving him trouble like
that.  Not to mention the vet trip from Hell.   All he's going to want
to do is hide.  Please try to calm yourself.  Put on some soft music and

keep the room he's in dark.  If he wants to hide, go ahead and let him,
(after you get his meds and some food in him of course).  Speak softly
to him and tell him how the two of you will see this through together.
Tell him you will do your very best to make sure no one scares him, or
puts him through any more trauma than absolutely necessary.  (I'd like
to punch your substitute vet in the neck btw).

Prayers that Kitty rebounds soon, please let us know how you guys are
doing,
Nina