Yes, it could. I've had Cypro prescribed at the same time as Pred, so I'm assuming the vet thought it might help too. The main thing is to get them eating and to make sure they don't go completely without food. If they go without food for more than a 24 to 48 hour period, there is a danger of developing fatty-liver disease. N

wendy wrote:

Nina,

Do you think that if the Prednisone isn't working well
for appetite stimulation, then the Cyproheptadine
might still work?  I called my vet and they are going
to call me back.  Cricket is apathetic about the food;
I don't think his mouth is hurting.  He seems to have
a little trouble swallowing, but not a lot.

:)
Wendy