Thanks for the link....and I will flush it from now on.  Shakiti is at the vet's now and they are watching him - I had to come in to work for a presentation but I am supposed to call the vet at 3 to see where we stand.  So far he isn't showing any symptoms but I took him in within 30 minutes of the incident.

elizabeth

-----Original Message-----
From: Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:05:29 -0700
Subject: Re: Need your advice

I hope he is OK, not sure how long it would take for that to go all the way through. Keep a close eye on him and if he looks the least bit uncomfrotable or just not right take him in. Here is a story about a kitty that ate a fake spider web string and some of the symptoms she had:

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pets_related_news_and_events/a_tangled_web_halloween_product_contributes_to_a_reallife_horror.html

I always flush dental floss down the toilet, cats are too curious. I've been doing that for years and never had a problem with my toilet from it.

--
Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com